As much as we love the x-mas holiday and celebration period it can sometimes take its toll on our bodies and therefore our spine and nervous systems.
It can be a stressful period on the body in many ways. So, we have come up with some simple Xmas survival health tips.
- Keep moving! Go for a walk or do some of your daily stretching exercises and make it a regular part of your holiday period.
- Leave Santa and his reindeer some carrots and apples, not chocolate cookies! I’m sure he is getting plenty of cookies, reduce those chemical stressors which affect his vital spine and nervous system.
- Try and remember your postures and optimal lifting techniques when either lugging around heavy gifts at the shops.
- Just because it’s Christmas does not mean you have to eat the whole pudding or the whole cheesecake. Remember everything in moderation, and try to keep to a normal every day routine.
- Make an alcohol deal with yourself! Don’t have any more than you would have had normally if it wasn’t Christmas.
- Anxiety, depression and stress are very common during the festive season. Take some time out for either yourself or your immediate family. Take some time out and remember that stress can have a dramatic impact on your spinal health.
- Get enough sleep. Plan for some early nights in as the ‘silly’ season can cause havoc with our sleeping routines.
- Keep your spine adjusted and subluxation free. We would like to warmly wish everyone a happy and safe holiday period. Have a fantastic Christmas and an even better 2015! Stay Safe!
This winter make the most of the seasonal fruits
Fruits in winter:
Chiropractic adjustments can help offset the effects of winter weather. Here are just a few of the more common winter health problems and how chiropractic adjustments may be able to help:
- Colds/Flu – How Can Chiropractic Help? – Chiropractic can be responsible for adjusting the spine, organs, nervous system, and immune system.
- Depression – How Can Chiropractic Help? – Spinal misalignments can negatively impact proper functioning of nearly any area within the body, including communications with the brain. Research showed that over 70% of patients, chosen based on a history of depression and diagnosed upper cervical misalignment, had significant improvement in their condition following chiropractic treatment.
- Painful Joints – How Can Chiropractic Help? – Through gentle chiropractic adjustments, inflammation in the joints can be eased, allowing some patients to move more comfortably and freely.
If you are interested in developing a treatment plan with a skilled chiropractor, contact 01234 353937.